From the Chair
Welcome to the 2020 NZSIGN constitution. The intention is to outline the rules by which our organisation will operate going forward. Our organisation has developed over the years since its inception in 2011. The intention of having a professional interest group specific to neuropsychology was to provide an opportunity for group members to:
- meet others with an interest /expertise in neuropsychology and to increase knowledge and support via discussion of cases, topic areas, and issues relevant to the practice of neuropsychology in Aotearoa New Zealand;
- share ideas and information via an email list serve;
- share information regarding upcoming training events relevant to neuropsychology;
In addition NZSIGN aims:
- To provide workshops and other events related to neuropsychology to contribute to the continuing professional development of group members. Ultimately to run our own conference.
- To ensure the practice of neuropsychology in Aotearoa New Zealand is in line with standards of practice in other countries.
- To seek to uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi / The Treaty of Waitangi in the practice of neuropsychology in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- To work with the Psychologists Board to help regulate the practice of neuropsychology inNZ.
Our philosophy is to help psychologists to develop further by offering relevant ongoing education and training for members. As an organisation, NZSIGN is expected to have rules. These are included in this document. We trust that NZSIGN will help you in your clinical practice or interest in the area of Neuropsychology, and provide useful information as to the guiding principles, policies, and regulations that NZSIGN operates under.
Click here for the full constitution document